What 10 home maintenance items should all homeowners do to protect their property? Let’s discuss.
Welcome back to our Home Inspection Information Session series. In part one, we went over a list shared to us by one of the area’s premier home inspectors on the five most common issues he sees during home inspections.
- Check your roof for damage at least twice a year.
- Regularly check the operation of your GFCI devices by plugging in a small light and pressing the outlet’s “reset” button.
- Get an annual inspection of all your home’s plumbing fixtures.
- Get your water heater flushed every year.
- Keep your dryer ducts clean.
- Lubricate the joints of your garage doors every year.
- Clean and grease up the tracts of your windows and sliding glass doors.
- Trim and weed your landscaping every month.
- Get an attic inspection every year to check for pests, leaks, mold, or other problems.
- Clear and flush out outdoor drains of debris.
If you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.