Our team recently reached out to a home inspector who we’ve worked with numerous times in the past with a couple of questions we often hear from buyers, sellers, and homeowners like you.
We’re going to share each of these questions, as well as the answers we received from our inspector, with you today.
“What are the five most common issues found during home inspections?”
- Missing anti-tip brackets on ranges or ovens.
- Missing damper stops on gas fireplaces.
- Loose, improper, or missing earthquake straps on water heaters.
- Missing and/or defective GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter) devices.
- Failed water pressure regulators.
“What are the easiest fixes with the highest replacement cost if left unresolved?”
- Small water leaks
- Loose toilets
- Deferred roof maintenance
Each of these three items can be fixed at a relatively low cost if caught early on, but become exorbitantly expensive if they aren’t addressed.
As always, if you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.